Wrapping the Gift of Beer
So you bought your beer lover beer, maybe even from Small Time Drinker’s gift ideas. Perfect. As long as it isn’t Bud Light, you are good to go. Next on your list is how to wrap it. Here are few suggestions on how to make the perfect gift fit under the tree.
- Debuting in 2003, the Heineken holiday 5-pack commercial is a perfect reason to have extra beer on hand while wrapping for yourself.
- A custom engraved wooden 6-pack holder doesn’t even need any wrapping. You can purchase it online from Etsy.
- If you are giving a single bomber size bottle, a wine bottle bag is perfect. You can purchase the bags at a party store or your favorite beverage outlet.
- A beverage bucket like this one from Amazon.com works for multiple single bottles and can later be filled with ice to keep beer cold at a party. Stuff the bottom of the bucket with tissue paper for a festive touch. You can wrap the bucket and beer with cellophane and tie with a ribbon or leave open. Just make sure your teenage cousin doesn’t sneak a bottle.
- Wrap tissue paper around the bottle and tie it off at the neck of the bottle with a decorative ribbon. Make sure you use several pieces of tissue paper so you can not see through it (and the beer label) and leave extra at the top to flare out.
- A gift bag or shirt box can be easy to put together but the weight of the beer can work against you. Make sure the bag or box is strong enough to hold the beer when it is picked up and the bottles do not clink together. The last thing you want to do is break a bottle.
I hope this helps you out, and Happy Holidays!